This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect customer data so we may customize and improve your consumer experience to best fit your preference. data collected is used to help you, but not limited to:
• Participating in our online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs.
• Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from KLC.
• Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing KLC to keep you informed of, or involve you in testing of, new products and services.
• Resolving consumer and/or product issues.
• Receiving special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of our websites/social media/blogs
The types of personal information KLC may collect from you includes:
• Personal and business contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, social media profile, email address, gender, age, etc...
• In some cases, your business contact data may be provided to KLC by a designated entity within your business or enterprise
• Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and/or to respond to your enquiries.
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise.
• Your usage of and activities on our KLC Pages, your interests and other information related to your online behaviour.
In addition, KLC may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
• Your cookie ID.
• Your IP address.
• Your web browser.
• Your location.
• The web pages you visit on our websites.
How we collect your Personal Data?
You can share your personal data with KLC in several ways, including, but not limited to:
• Your communications with KLC. These can be product or service related, and may include the contents of your questions to us.
• Participating in a promotion or in a social media activity related to our promotion.
• Communicating with one of our Customer Care representatives by email, phone or via chat box.
• Social sign-on (using your Facebook, or twitter credentials)
• Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
How we share your information?
KLC will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Statement. KLC shares personal information in the following ways:
KLC retains service providers and suppliers to manage or support its business operations, provide services, deliver complete products, services and to assist KLC with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers may be located in Malaysia or other overseas locations and might include: credit or debit card processors, providers of customer support, marketing and communications agencies, hosting and IT service providers, email service providers, automated data processors, shipping agents, management and support of KLC websites, order fulfilment and delivery.
KLC may also transfer your personal information to other KLC -owned business entities in the Malaysia and Worldwide. By accessing KLC websites, registering for an account or service, purchasing a product, or otherwise providing KLC with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information.
Otherwise, KLC will not share the personal information you provide to KLC with non- KLC third parties without your permission, unless to:
1. respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities.
2. comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order.
3. enforce/protect the rights and properties of KLC.
4. investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity.
From time to time, KLC may sell a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company.
Once you have provided KLC with your personal data, you have access to that information so that you can update, modify or (if legally possible) delete it. For KLC you may do this by logging into your account and accessing your "personal settings”.
KLC encourages you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and up to date.
We respect your choices about how we use your personal data.
If you do not want KLC to send you personalized offers or information, you can let us know by contacting us using our contact form or chat box.
KLC utilizes cookies to help you to get the most out of the KLC websites.
Please note that KLC does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser's 'Do Not Track' signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may modify the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable cookies in your browser settings, certain sections and services of KLC websites will not work.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc., you should understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you use and share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
and, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on social media sites, certain personal data may be shared with KLC about your online activities and social media profiles.
Linking to other websites
KLC is not responsible for the content of any website not owned or -managed by KLC, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
How we protect your personal data
KLC uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your personal data.
Changes to this privacy notice